Apply to be an ISAAC Mentor
*As of 30 November 2022, applications are closed for ISAAC Mentors in our 2023 cohort*
At ISAAC, we have a vision to see all Christian addictions/recovery workers supported in their ministry and calling.
That is why we are delighted that you are thinking about Mentoring others. As a Mentor, you will have a chance to:
- Invest in someone who is keen to grow personally, spiritually and professionally (in the sector)
- Share your knowledge and experience in the Addictions/Recovery sector
- Improve your workplace by strengthening your skills
- Strengthen the network of Christian addictions workers internationally by deepening relationships
- Quality training for you in the principles of Mentoring, Active Listening skills and Understanding Codependency
- Ongoing support through the year
- Excellent experience if you are working towards Senior Management or Consultancy roles
The Mentoring program is running internationally for the first time in 2023. It will last for 12 months from the first time each pair meets. For more information on how the program works, please see our Mentoring page.
We want to invest in Mentors as they invest in Mentees. You can be an ISAAC Mentor whether you have mentored others before or not. If you are looking to become an ISAAC Mentor, we will work with you to ensure that you are trained for the role and supported through the year.
Can I be a Mentor?
We are looking for Christians who have worked in the Addiction/Recovery field for a minimum of five years. This can be continuous or with a break. It can also be voluntary or paid work. This year we are inviting applications from anyone who is fluent in English. This is our basic criteria. All applicants must be ISAAC Members (individual or organisational).
Please note: The ISAAC Mentoring program is for matching people working in the addictions/recovery field with one another for support and growth. Not with people currently in addictions/recovery.
Before you apply, consider
- Do you have the time and capacity to commit to meeting your Mentee monthly for an hour (online or in-person)?
- Are you good at listening, steering conversation, asking thoughtful questions and sharing from your own experience?
- Would you like to grow and sharpen your coaching skills?
- Do you feel confident to signpost people to other people or organisations?
The ISAAC team will be in contact at various points during the year to ensure that you and your Mentee are both happy and well supported. Mentors will have facilitated training and group check-in meetings online at three points during the year.
Applying and timelines:
The ISAAC Mentoring Project is for ISAAC members only. You can be an individual or organisational member. If you are not yet an ISAAC member, you can find out more and apply through our Membership page.
- Ensure that you have read our ‘Can I be a Mentor?’ section above
- In the application form we will ask you for the name and email of two people who can give you a reference for your suitability to this role. Please have this information to hand
- You can then fill out the form below
When we have received your application, we will contact you if we need any further information or would like to have a conversation with you to get to know you better. We will also contact your two referees to ask about your suitability to the role of an ISAAC Mentor.
- *As of 30 November 2022, applications are closed for ISAAC Mentors in our 2023 cohort*
- If your application is successful you will receive training and orientation in January 2023
- We will contact you about a prospective Mentee anytime between November 2022 – early January 2023.
- Initial chemistry conversations between you and your prospective Mentee will happen in January 2023.