Apply to be mentored
We are delighted that you are thinking about being mentored in 2023. Mentoring is a practical and well established model for supporting those seeking to build personal resilience, identify growth areas and improve their practices. The Bible is filled with examples of one-to-one relationships that resulted in great personal growth. If you become an ISAAC Mentee, you could benefit from:
- A safe, supportive and confidential relationship
- Practical wisdom from someone who is experienced in the field of addictions/recovery
- Emotional support
- Spiritual guidance and growth
- Someone to pray for you
- Professional guidance and insight
- Helpful direction to other contacts or organisations
All our Mentors are Christians who have experience in the field of addictions/recovery. They will be trained in Active Listening, Mentoring and Coaching skills, Understanding Codependency and will also be reference checked.
Can I be a Mentee?
If you are looking to grow in your calling and ministry to people addicted or in recovery you are welcome to apply to be an ISAAC Mentee. Your work in the field could be continuous or with a break. It can also be voluntary or paid work. This year we are inviting applications from anyone who is fluent in English. This is our basic criteria. All applicants must be ISAAC Members (individual or organisational).
Please note: The ISAAC Mentoring program is for matching people working in the addictions/recovery field with one another for support and growth. Not with people currently in addictions/recovery.
Before you apply, consider
- Do you have the time and capacity to commit to meeting your Mentor monthly for an hour (online or in-person)?
- Are you open to Biblical growth and challenge from a trusted Mentor?
- Is God calling you to serve in the area of addictions/recovery?
Applying and timelines:
The ISAAC Mentoring Project is for ISAAC members only. You can be an individual or organisational member. If you are not yet an ISAAC member, you can find out more and apply through our Membership page.
- Ensure that you have read our ‘Can I be a Mentee?’ section above
- In the application form we will ask you for the name and email of someone who can give you a reference for your suitability to the role of a Mentee. Please have this information to hand
- You can then fill out the form below
When we have received your application, we will contact you if we need any further information or would like to have a conversation with you to get to know you better. We will also contact your referees to ask about your suitability to the role of an ISAAC Mentee.
- Mentor and Mentee applications are now closed for 2023 as the deadline has passed.
- Your potential Mentor will contact you for a chemistry conversation in January 2023.
- Initial chemistry conversations between you and your prospective Mentee will happen in January 2023.